By Stijn Hoorens; Jeff Rothenberg; Constantijn van Oranje-Nassau; Martin van der Mandele; Ruth Levitt; et al; All authors
Read Online or Download Addressing the uncertain future of preserving the past : towards a robust strategy for digital archiving and preservation PDF
Similar strategy books
"Whatever dimension what you are promoting is, getting the appropriate strategic enterprise partnerships in position is prime to good fortune. Callum has been developing partnerships for many years and during this e-book breaks down how a person can keep on with his steps to partnership good fortune. " - Jean-Michel Wu, leader expertise Officer at McCann WorldGroup APAC
"Callum has pulled again the curtains at the secret of making winning partnership in his e-book, innovative Partnerships - the way forward for enterprise. easy frameworks coupled with actionable steps express how each company individual could be a small titanic of their house of workmanship by means of leveraging on different people's assets. a distinct needs to learn e-book. " - Cheryl Liew-Chng, author of The 24-Hour girl, a media and coaching and improvement company for girls execs and marketers.
A different examine the advanced courting among of America's top-rated international conflict II leaders
The first publication ever to discover the connection among George Marshall and Dwight Eisenhower, companions in Command eloquently tackles an issue that has eluded historians for years.
As Mark Perry charts the an important impression of this duo on victory in global warfare II and later as they lay the root for triumph within the chilly warfare, he indicates us an not likely, complicated collaboration on the middle of many years of profitable American overseas coverage and shatters some of the myths that experience developed approximately those nice males and the problems that established their alliance.
As interesting to learn because it is vitally informative, this paintings is a sign accomplishment.
Grey provides an artistic treatise at the nature of approach, warfare, and peace, prepared round 40 maxims. This number of mini-essays will forearm politicians, squaddies, and the attentive normal public opposed to many—probably most—fallacies that abound in modern debates approximately battle, peace, and safety.
- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Official Strategy Guide
- Balanced Scorecard Report - The Strategy Execution Source - Volume 10 Number 6 - Nov-Dec 2008
- Improving Changeover Performance. A Strategy for Becoming a Lean, Responsive Manufacturer
- Ecological Issues in a Changing World: Status, Response and Strategy
- Mutual Security: A New Approach to Soviet-American Relations
- The mesmerizing wart: the pollination strategy of epiphytic lady slipper orchid Paphiopedilum villosum (Lindl.) Stein (Orchidaceae)
Additional info for Addressing the uncertain future of preserving the past : towards a robust strategy for digital archiving and preservation
3) However, there is no blueprint approach to digital preservation, as the requirements and specifications depend on the remit and objectives of the parties involved. 2 Authenticity and integrity Implicit in the concept of preservation is the notion that what is preserved must remain authentic. As argued in Rothenberg and Bikson (1999), the term ‘authenticity’ encompasses two concepts: integrity and authentication. 9 The scholarly record must be authentic if it is to provide a sound basis for scholarly progress, historical accuracy and intellectual and legal accountability.
8 For a summary of the main underlying principles of KB’s international e-Depot strategy, see Appendix A. 11 Addressing the uncertain future of preserving the past RAND Europe environment. These terms are discussed below in more detail, and we elaborate on their characteristics and attributes. 1 Archiving, preservation and repositories In this report we use both the terms ‘digital archiving’ and ‘digital preservation’ when referring to KB’s initiative. The term ‘archive’ has a specific and well-defined meaning in the archival community: in particular, government archives are concerned with retaining formal records of the policies, actions and business processes of organisations and agencies.
15 The largest database of journal publications and their citations is owned by Thomson Scientific (formerly Thomson ISI), which calculate the journal impact factors. Journals listed in this database are referred to as ‘ISI indexed’. 21 Addressing the uncertain future of preserving the past RAND Europe 40% 35% 30% 25% 1998 20% 2006 15% 10% 5% 0% < =2 2-4 4-6 6-8 8-10 > 10 Cited half life Figure 8. 2 Stakeholders’ views on scholarly dissemination and publishing In order to understand the issues and developments in scholarly dissemination and publishing, it is useful to understand the different interests, needs and objectives of all the stakeholders involved in these areas.